Sunday, June 21, 2015

Insidious Chapter 3 (2015)

The scariest chapter goes back to the beginning of Insidious saga which focused on a prequel story – years before Chapter 1 and 2. And it turned out to be the most terrifying Insidious sequel in my opinion. Story-wise, it has a good narrative and I say a clever writing again courtesy of its original screenwriter, Leigh Whannell who is also directing and acting in this film. There is a story behind this prequel film and a good twist on this Insidious installment. Second, it’s a screamfest movie! It has lots of scares, tension and suspense moment than the previous sequels in my opinion. I didn’t just jump on my seat in the scares but I screamed to the loudest I could ever do and not to mention the expressions I uttered as an aftershock scream. 


And lastly, the casts delivered what they have to. I commend Lin Shaye for not only the only character to be on all Insidious movie but also for showing the best acting she could for the role of Elise. She was phenomenal here as an actress just like the other sequels of this movie. There’s also a right amount comedy again courtesy by the duo of Angus Sampson and Leigh Whannell as Tucker and Specks. For me, Insidious Chapter 3 is a worthy sequel for the Insidious saga. It is a great horror, suspense and thriller movie that is worthy for a Chapter 4! I would say that with this newest installment of the movie, it made Insidious cemented as one of the best horror movie of all-time.    

Going Popcorn review: 4/5 Popcorns

No comments:

Post a Comment