Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Crazy Beautiful You (2015)

Crazy Beautiful You is a coming-of-age film about finding oneself, longing from family love and discovering romance along the journey. Though, I’m not a big fan Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo love theme, I commend their decent acting performance from the movie which has a nice story about family rather than romance story which I find it shallow and unremarkable. The family drama was a stand-out element of the movie. I find it heartfelt despite of inserted cheesy moments of Padilla and Bernardo for the theme of romance movie. I enjoyed much on the part where the scenes were taken in Mount Pinatubo volcano crater. It created beautiful sceneries for this film and making it a good and highly recommended travel movie. It has a memorable theme song – Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us – a hit song of Starship. I think it was a good and wise choice of theme song since it has a high recall and familiar mostly to all ages. Good thing they didn’t have it covered by any local artists when it was used in the film. I hope a next romance film for Padilla and Bernardo would have more serious tones and drama than this film so we could see if they can do more than just the sweet romance and chick flick type of movies.

         
Going Popcorn Review: 3.5/5 Popcorns

No comments:

Post a Comment