Wednesday, April 29, 2015

X-Men: First Class (2011)

I just recently watched this movie. I actually watched its sequel X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) first before this film which is its prequel movie. And I did not expect that X-Men: First Class would be a superb prequel movie for the X-Men movie series! I love the story of the beginning and how X-Men were born. The movie answered a lot of questions in the past stories of X-Men series. It was well-written scripts and the story was interesting especially for X-Men fans like me. I actually feel it as a good compensation movie after X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) which is a disappointing X-Men movie in the first trilogy. Cast were superb too! James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender were totally mind-blowing in acting the younger versions of Professor X and Magneto! And Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, she was good but I feel her character was expanded and gave importance due to Lawrence's popularity. But I do not discredit her good portrayal of Mystique. Lawrence was still notable here. X-Men: First Class has superb performances, strong script, beautiful direction and action-packed movie that truly appropriate for grand comic saga like X-Men.


Going Popcorn Review: 4/5 Popcorns

No comments:

Post a Comment